I need some advice:
We’re going to a Chinese restaurant this weekend and I’m not a fan of much Asian cuisine. Sorry to anyone who loves it. It’s just never been my thing. Just looking at pictures of the food makes me queasy. I don’t want to miss out on the fun by not going but I’m also not going to eat something I don’t like. There is literally nothing on the menu that looks appetizing to me, I see no steamed veggies, rice or anything. So, do I go and eat before? I don’t want to sit there awkwardly, not eating.. I guess I could always ask for a dish without the sauce? What are your thoughts?
Lately I’ve been interested in some different pre-workout snacks or just snacks during the day. Some days I just need a snack on the go. Fruit is usually my go to option but the days when I’m lacking on protein it’s not really convenient to carry around a carton of cottage cheese. Although I definitely would if I had a mini-fridge. I received a sample pack of Medjool dates from nutsonline and decided to use them in a recipe.
Chocolate Chip Protein Balls
- 3 Medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp Old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- Scoop of protein powder – I used Optimum Nutrition Hydrowhey Velocity Vanilla. I only used a half scoop because I didn’t want to make them too dry. Half scoop of this stuff was a good idea.
- A sprinkle of mini chocolate chips
By the way this is the first time I have eaten dates and they’re delicious on their own. I saved 2 just to eat by themselves
1. Process dates until chunky. Mine ended up turning into a massive ball so I separated it into smaller chunks by hand.
2. Add in the 2 Tbsp of oats and protein powder and process until crumbly. They may chunk up into one big ball. Again I separated this giant ball by hand. My mini food processor isn’t the best.
3. Add in almond butter. Of course I used Barney’s but I was hesitant. This stuff is addictive and expensive. I use it sparingly when making recipes.
4. Process until fully combined
5. Add in mini chocolate chips and roll!
I have never had a protein ball before but these were absolutely delicious. It helps that all of the ingredients are my favorite. I could have used maybe a little more almond butter but they stuck together just fine. The flavors all really stood out on their own and it really did have that texture of raw cookie dough. Delicious.
What’s your favorite pre-workout snack? post workout snack?
What’s your favorite type of cuisine?