Thank you all so much for the support on my last post. I knew I loved the blogging community for a reason
I do believe that I needed to go through a phase where I just wasn’t afraid of food anymore.. It showed me:
- Food isn’t scary (even pizza, donuts, and candy bars)
- Eating unhealthy all the time stinks.
- I need to allow myself more cheat meals/treats during my week.
It may be silly but I realized at this point in my life, I’m not training for a fitness competition, a marathon, or anything else. I’m just working out for my health. I do feel that a fitness competition would be awesome but I have no idea where to start. It is not something I am concerned with right now but maybe in the future! It’s easier to eat healthy with my food partner in crime ISN’T around K can be such an instigator and persuasive.
Getting back on track has been fairly simple, only because once you
eat take the junk out of the house, it’s pretty easy. I’m also on day 5 of the 21 sugar day detox and surprisingly haven’t been craving or wanting anything sweet. It has also helped my nighttime snacking a ton.
Since it is Wednesday I’ll give you a little glimpse of my boring/leftover meals that seem to be on repeat after grilling in massive quantities on Sunday. Food prep Sundays are the best . Definitely head over to Jenn’s site and check out all the other WIAW posts.
Lots of grilled chicken salad mixes with grilled vegetables and avocado.
Grilled vegetables are the best. My favorite kebab combo: peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
I have also fallen in love with pistachios not to mention a great sensible snack . They are so addictive! I find it fun to try to crack them open and get out the pistachio. It seems way more rewarding than just sticking your hand in a bag of almonds.
Speaking of grilling, I tried a new eggplant recipe that I fell in love with and so has everyone else! Not to mention it’s incredibly easy and delicious! People have been raving over it and I can’t believe it since it’s really so simple
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- Provolone cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Most important: Sweat the eggplant! Cut the eggplant into 1″ rounds and salt both sides of the eggplant. Place the eggplant on a plate with a paper towel on the top and bottom. Then put something heavy on top of the eggplant to help sweat it out . Leave for approximately 20-30 minutes
- Once the eggplant has been sweating for some time. Mix the balsamic, olive oil, and oregano together. Brush both sides of the eggplant with the balsamic mixture.
- Grill on medium heat for 5 minutes on one side, flip to the other side and place a piece of cheese on top. Once melted, serve and enjoy!
I also hear it’s national running day: In honor of national running day, I’ll be doing an interval run session to remind me how much I don’t like running. But for all you runners out there go run those miles for me!
What’s your favorite snack?
Best thing you have eaten today?